Pages

Tuesday 26 May 2009

BACCALAUREATE EXAM EXERCISES REPORTED SPEECH: STATEMENTS

BACCALAUREATE EXAM EXERCISES

I- REPORTED SPEECH: STATEMENTS

REWRITE THE SENTENCES CHANGING THEM FROM DIRECT TO REPORTED SPEECH

1. Amjad: "I hope to have time for reading next week."
Amjad said......................................................................

2. "You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen," he told her.
He told her.....................................................................

3. Nasser: "I'm going to visit my parents next month."
Nasser declared that............................................................

4. Mahir: "My friend Brahim has found a new job in the IT business."
Mahir said......................................................................

5. Jamil: "I have already written this paragraph four times."
Jamil complained that...........................................................

6. Fawzi: "I cannot continue to depend on my parents."
Fawzi was sorry that............................................................

7. Badr: "I will not stop until this factory is shut down."
Badr announced that.............................................................

8. Jabir: "I don't think so."
Jabir said......................................................................

9. Majd: "I will play cards the day after tomorrow."
Majd informed me................................................................

10. Soraya: "I went to bed early last night."
Soraya said.....................................................................

11. "You have to change this sentence into reported speech," the teacher said to Jawad.
The teacher told................................................................

12. Loubna and Tamir: "We can't come to the party next Saturday."
Loubna and Tamir said...........................................................

13. Lotfi: "My parents are fine and I really get on well with them."
Lotfi told me...................................................................

14. Jabir: "I am sorry but I can't come to your birthday party because I'm going away for the weekend."
Jabir explained to me that......................................................

15. Leila to the immigration officer: "This is my first visit to Lebanon."
Leila told the immigration......................................................

16. My friends: "We want to leave at once."
My friends told me..............................................................

17. Hamid: "I don't like my new flat."
Hamid said......................................................................

18. "If you don't take any exercises, you won't be healthy" - the doctor told me.
The doctor warned me............................................................

19. Her friend told her: "You have bought yourself a lovely new dress."
Her friend told her.............................................................

20. The postman: "I think it is from Spain."
The postman said................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment