Pages

Sunday 21 December 2008

AICHA BAZHAR WROTE

Hi Mary,

It’s good news that you’re coming to Morocco! Welcome to this multicultural and exotic country and get ready for the adventure.
The panic you described in your previous letter is quite normal since it’s your first visit to Morocco. But you needn’t worry that much. I hope the following tips would help you.
First, I want you to count on me in everything you’ll need to know about my country.
Concerning all the questions you asked me about Morocco, I’ll answer all of them and explain
everything to you.

Let’s begin with your first question about staying in a hotel or putting you up with us at home.
Here in Morocco we all accept our guests at home for three days at least. They can eat and drink as members of the family without any restrictions. So I’ll put you up at home with my family, of course if you’ll be comfortable with that.

Let’s move to the next question which is about greeting people. In Morocco, most of the time
We shake hands and sometimes we kiss and hug each other.

About the third question you asked concerning table manners, most Moroccan families share the same table and the same dish. We use the right hand to eat. It’s part of our customs and
traditions as Moroccans and Muslims.

Finally, as to your last question concerning clothes, most Moroccan people wear casual clothes except when there’s a ceremony or a traditional event. But on ordinary days, we wear
everyday and simple clothes.

In brief, I hope my answers will relieve your panic. If you still have any others questions in mind, you can write to me any time you like.
Take care.

Aicha Bazhar

2 comments: