Pages

Friday 3 April 2009

REPORTED SPEECH

REPORTED SPEECH

Fill in each blank with the correct form of the verb:
1. “I will try to help you.”
The man promised he ________________________ to help me.
2. “I haven’t been able to reach her.”
He said that he ________________________ to reach her.
3. “I went to the party.”
She told everyone that she ________________________ to the party.
4. “I’m going to sing you a song.”
My grandmother said that she ________________________ to sing me a song.
5. “Have you seen Jack since Friday?”
My friend asked if I ________________________ Jack since Friday.
6. “Did you manage to finish the project?”
They wanted to know if we ________________________ to finish the project.
7. “I love this band!”
My daughter said that she ________________________ this band.
8. “Don’t give up!”
He told her ________________________.
9. “Don’t worry!”
The police officer told us ________________________.
10. “We are planning a trip to Morocco.”
Caroline said that she and her friends _____________________a trip to Morocco.

ANSWERS:
1) would try
2) hadn’t been able
3) had gone
4) was going
5) had seen
6) had managed
7) loved
8) not to give up
9) not to worry
10) were planning

No comments:

Post a Comment