Pages

Friday 3 April 2009

REPORTED SPEECH

REPORTED SPEECH

Fill in each blank with the best form of the verb
1. “Why can’t I go with you?”
She asked why she ________________________ with me.
2. “Have you ever been to this café?”
He wanted to know if I ________________________ to that café.
3. “Come later.”
I told him ________________________ later.
4. “Where will you live when you get there?”
My parents asked me where ________________________ when I got there.
5. “I would not do that.”
My brother claimed that he ________________________ that.
6. “I’ve seen all of your movies.”
Angelica told Brad Pitt that she ________________________ all of his movies.
7. “We’re getting off at the next stop.”
My father said that we ________________________ at the next stop.
8. “I won’t be able to meet you on Friday.”
My friend thought that she ________________________ to meet me on Friday.
9. “I wouldn’t go there.”
The police officer said that he ________________________ there.
10. “We are having a great time!”
My friends wrote that they ________________________ a great time.

ANSWERS:
1) couldn’t go
2) had ever been
3) to come
4) I would live
5) would not do
6) had seen
7) were getting off
8) would not be able
9) wouldn’t go
10) were having

No comments:

Post a Comment