Pages

Saturday 4 April 2009

CONDITIONAL TENSES

CONDITIONAL TENSES

Choose the correct tense of the verb.

1. If I ________ you, I would apologize to her right away. (to be)
a) was
b) were
c) have been

2. If I run into her, I ________ her that you're looking for her. (to tell)
a) would tell
b) tell
c) will tell

3. If you ________ that again, I will call the police. (to do)
a) to do
b) do
c) will do

4. He would never have asked her out for dinner if she ________ willing to go out with him . (to be)
a) hadn't been
b) wasn’t
c) will not be

5. If you were her, what ________? (to do)
a) would you do
b) did you do
c) do you do
6. If she hadn't gone to Canada, she ________ Celin Dion. (to meet)
a) would not meet
b) did not meet
c) would not have met

7. If it doesn't start snowing, we ________ this evening. (to go skiing)
a) won't go skiing
b) wouldn't go skiing
c) don't go skiing

8. If you had saved some money earlier, you ________ broke right now. (to be)
a) would not have been
b) will not be
c) are not

9. If I ________ at the airport so late, I would not have missed my flight. (to arrive)
a) didn't arrive
b) hadn't arrived
c) would not arrive

10. If you buy one t-shirt, you ________ the second one free (to get).
a) will have got
b) would get
c) get

ANSWERS:
1)b
2)c
3)b
4)a
5)a
6)c
7)a
8)a
9)b
10)c

No comments:

Post a Comment