Pages

Saturday 4 April 2009

CONDITIONAL TENSES

CONDITIONAL TENSES

choose the correct tense of the verb.

1. If I lose my job, I ________ for a new one. (to look)
a) will look
b) would look
c) look

2. If she hadn't told me to stay, I ________. (to go)
a) will go
b) would have gone
c) would go

3. We ________ to come to the party if we had known that our friends would be there. (to agree)
a) would not agree
b) did not agree
c) would not have agreed

4. If you come tonight, I ________ a fish tagine. (to make)
a) will make
b) would make
c) will have made

5. If I were him, I ________that job. (to take)
a) would take
b) did take
c) will take

6. He will never speak to me again if he ________ what happened. (to find out)
a) will have found out
b) finds out
c) would find out

7. Our cat ________ you if you rub her belly. (to bite)
a) will bite
b) would bite
c) would have bitten

8. I ________ you if I hadn't thought it was important. (to tell)
a) will not tell
b) wouldn't have told
c) would not tell

9. If I ________ you were coming, I would have prepared lunch. (to know)
a) knew
b) had known
c) will know

10. If I were you, I ________ to the beach instead of going to work. (to go)
a) will have gone
b) will go
c) would go

ANSWERS:
1)a
2)b
3)c
4)a
5)a
6)b
7)a
8)b
9)b
10)c

No comments:

Post a Comment