Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

2BAC WRITING HINTS N’ TIPS FOR REVIEWS

BAC WRITING HINTS N’ TIPS FOR REVIEWS

ANSWER THE QUESTION
PLAN your review.
Make sure you have at least 4 paragraphs.
Choose an appropriate title.
The introduction will talk about what's being reviewed.
Use a relaxed, friendly, chatty style.
You can use contractions such as I'm, I've etc..
Use a new paragraph for each point you want to make.
Give your opinion.
In the concluding paragraph give your opinion.

USEFUL PHRASES FOR REVIEWS

WHAT I LIKED

What I liked most was…..

The thing I liked most was ….

I was pleasantly surprised by …..

….. would appeal to …..

If you get a chance to….

WHAT I DISLIKED

What I disliked most was …..

I was disappointed by ……

I was disappointed with…..

I was very disappointed by …..

I was very disappointed with….

REVIEWS OF BOOKS:

main character

is set in

comedy

science fiction

thriller

romance

comedy

author

written by

chapter

factual

fiction

unbelievable

bestseller

REVIEWS OF FILMS, TV PROGRAMMES, PLAYS:

lead role

star role

star

star actor

star actress

starring

secondary role

He plays a …….

She plays a …….

written by ….

is set in …..

based on a true story…..

believable

true to life

not very believable

far-fetched


REVIEWS OF PLACES, HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, ETC:

location

service

setting

attractive setting

disappointing setting

owned by

run by

head chef (restaurant)

waiters (restaurant)

staff …….

staff at reception…….(hotel)

hotel facilities….

reasonable prices…..

good value for money…..

excellent value for money …..

expensive

a bit expensive

overpriced

not worth the money

poor value for money

always fully booked

book in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment