Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

2BAC WRITING HINTS N’ TIPS FOR LETTERS OF APPLICATION

BAC WRITING HINTS N’ TIPS FOR LETTERS OF APPLICATION

USEFUL PHRASES FOR LETTERS OF APPLICATION

GREETINGS:

Dear Sir,

Dear Madam,

Dear Sir / Madam,

Dear Mr Brown,

Dear Ms Jones, etc.

REASON FOR WRITING:

I am writing in response to the job advertisement which I saw in….

I am writing with regard to the job offer which I saw in…..

DESCRIBING CHARACTER:

I am generally considered hardworking. For example I

I am generally considered outgoing. For example I

I consider myself a good team member. For example I

I consider myself a sociable person. For example I

I would say I was an industrious person. For example

In my present post I have often needed to show initiative. For example

PRESENTING QUALIFICATIONS:

I obtained a degree in…………from ……….. University achieving a……. grade….

I have …. A levels in……., ……., ………, and………

I also have a ……. qualification….

I hold a full driving licence.


LANGUAGE ABILITY:

I am a native ……… speaker and also fluent in…………

I have an Intermediate level in……

I have an advanced level in……

DESCRIBING EXPERIENCE:

I have experience of this type of work because….

My job at ………….. has given me experience of this type of work.

Although I have no direct experience, I have….

OFFERING FURTHER INFORMATION:

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me

I will gladly supply any further information

AVAILABILITY FOR INTERVIEW:

I am available for interview at your convenience.

ENDING THE LETTER:

I look forward to receiving your reply

I look forward to your reply

Yours sincerely (if addressed to a named person)

Yours faithfully (to unnamed person)

No comments:

Post a Comment