Pages

Friday 23 May 2014

English For Every Day Use: Asking for toilet and washing



English For Every Day Use
Asking for toilet and washing 




1- Asking for the lavatory

In a private house;
May I use your lavatory?
Where is the lavatory?
In a public place:
Where are the toilets?
For a man:
Where is the gents?
I need to use the gents
For a woman:
Where is the ladies?
I need to use the ladies
To be informal in America:
Where is the John?
I want to use the John
To be informal in Britain:
Where is the loo?
I want to use the loo

2- Asking for a bathroom

In a private house:
May I have a wash?
I'm rather dirty
I'm feeling a bit dirty
Could I use your bathroom?
I'd like to wash my hands
In a public place:
Is there a washroom / bathroom here?
Is there somewhere here I can clean up?
I want to wash my hands
In a hotel or guest house, you may need:
Where is the shower?
Where is the bathroom?

3- Washing clothes'

To find out where to wash clothes:
Is there a launderette near here?
Where is the nearest launderette / laundromat?
I need to wash / dry clean some clothes
To get someone else to do the washing:
Is there a laundry here?
Is there a laundry service here?
I want to have some clothes washed
I want to have some clothes dry cleaned

ENJOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!




And Blessed Are The Ones Who Care For Their Fellow Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment