Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2009

BACCALAUREATE EXAM EXERCISES REPORTED SPEECH STATEMENTS 1

BACCALAUREATE EXAM EXERCISES REPORTED SPEECH STATEMENTS 1

REWRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES INTO REPORTED SPEECH

1. "They're playing a lot of music that I don't like."

The girl said.............................................

2. "We've been waiting for Julie for two hours and she

hasn't come."

They complained that..................................

3- "I'm fascinated and I have never seen such a well-preserved

Roman ruin."

Harold remarked that ....................... .

4- "Their defence won't be strong enough for them to win

tomorrow."

My brother has only just pointed out that ............ .

5. "One month ago I warned you to study for that test."

Our teacher reminded us...............................

6. "If you give me some money, I'll help you."

The man said to Bob that..........................

7- "I'll mend your bicycle the moment I have some

free time."

My father promised two weeks ago that ............. .

8- "I can run ten miles easily."

Willy boasted that .................................. .

9. "I can't believe he's leaving me like this."

Sandra cried that........................

10. "If you don't take any exercises, you won't be healthy."

The doctor warned me..........................

11- "The incident hasn't been reported properly by the

newspapers."

The Minister claimed that ....................... .

12- "I left Spain two years ago."

The young lady answered that .......................

13. "I need to be at work early this morning that's why

I'm in a hurry."

Jack explained.........................

14- "Mum may not have roasted the chicken long enough."

My brother whispered that ......................

15- "I don't think they'll serve us a decent breakfast

at this hotel tomorrow morning."

Mum grumbled that ............................ .

No comments:

Post a Comment