Pages

Saturday 20 December 2008

TENSES: The Present Continuous

We use the Present Continuous (Progressive) tense when talking about actions that are happening at the moment (present or temporary activity) or which will be done in the future (future arrangement).
Use
Present or temporary activities
Future (personal) arrangements
I'm going to go to my grandma.I'm going abroad this summer (in both sentences the speaker is speaking about plans)
Examples Use
· He is getting married this month (Use 2)
· They are swimming in the sea (Use 1)
· I'm having my first driving lesson this week (Use 2)
· I'm drinking hot coffee now (Use 1)

Examples Use
· Is she eating my cake now? (Use 1)
· Are they having the party on Friday or Saturday? (Use 2)
· Are you meeting David today? (Use 2)
· Is Mary having breakfast now? (Use 1)
Examples Use
· He is not joking (Use 1)
· We aren't waiting for my uncle (Use 1)
· He is not going to school tomorrow (Use 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment