Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

2BAC ENGLISH TENSES PRESENT / PAST / FUTURE SIMPLE CONTINUOUS AND PERFECT

PUT THE VERBS BETWEEN BRACKETS IN THE CORRECT TENSE


1-

Last Monday, while firemen (try)………………….to put out the fire in the forest, two helicopters (join) ………………them. Unfortunately. Most of the trees were destroyed. We hope that by the end of 2011, the local authorities (replant) ……………..………..the forest.


2-

Najib Sidqi (get)………………………….his degree in marketing before he started work at the bank. In 2007, he (conduct) …………………….a piece of research on developing customer services. Now, he (be) ……………..the manager of a bank agency.


3-

"Our son (run away)………………………from home last week. We (still/look for)
……………………….him. His best friend says that he (not see)…………….…. him for two weeks," the father said.


4-

Moroccan authorities (to be) ………………………. interested in developing the tourist industry for many years. Last year 7.5 million tourists (to visit) ……………………………. Morocco. Another 8 million (probably/ to come) ………… ………………… next year. Government officials hope that by the year 2012 the number of tourists (to reach) ………………………. 10 million.


5-

1- The city council (to build)…………………………….. a new stadium two years ago.

2- Before she became a doctor, Salma (already/ to work) ……………………….... as a biology teacher for two years.

3- At the moment, a foreign NGO (to prepare)…………………………………… a huge project for human development in rural areas in Turkey.


6-

Leila missed the interview yesterday morning; her train (already/to leave) …………………………….. the station when she got there. Now she wishes she (to tell)………………………….………… her mother (to wake) ………………………….. her up earlier.


7-

The Simons (to live) ……………………………..in Marrakesh for ten years when I first (to meet)……………………….. them in 1988. By the end of 2008, they (to be) ….. .…………………….in Morocco for thirty years.


8-

When jack was five, his parents (die) …………………….. in a road accident. He survived, but he (be) …………………….. seriously injured. Today, whenever he takes his car, he (drive)………………………. carefully.


9-

Tom : Hi Jamal. Any news about Ibrahim? I ( not/see) ……………………… him for weeks.
Jamal: Oh yes, he finally (get)……………………. his visa and (buy) ……………………… a plane ticket to Montreal last week. I think, by the end of this month, he (start) ……………………. his new course in business management.


10-

1-“You must make up your mind as quickly as possible. If you (not to send) …………………………………. your application soon, it (not to be) …………………………………………… accepted”, the director said.

2- By the end of the year, many people (lose) ……………………… their jobs in Europe.

3- Last month, some of the biggest banks in the USA (go) …………………… bankrupt.


11-

1- By the end of next month, the committee (take) ……………………… a final decision.

2- An important multinational (organize)…………………………. a seminar in our country last month.


12-

1-we (complete) ………………………………our project by 2012.

2- Tom will post the letter as soon as he (finish)……………..writing it.

3-I’m really sorry. If I had known, I (not / tell) …………………him.


13-

I (have) …………………… this mobile phone for about a year. In fact, my father gave it to me as a present on my last birthday. It is a pity my mother (not attend) ………………….. the birthday party. I am sure if she (be) ………….. at home with us,she (buy)……………. me a very watch.


14-

1-By the year 2030, the population of some African countries (double)…………………

2- Why did you tell her about the surprise? I really wish you (keep) ………………….it secret.


15-

1- By the end of next year, the workers (complete)…………………the project.

2- If you had shown me how to use the new computer, I (do)……………..all the work.

3- Many old buildings (restore)……………in the medina since last year.


16-

1- By the end of next July, I (complete)………………my secondary school education.

2- I’m really tired now. If only I (not have)……………………………to work today.


17-


My uncle (offer)………………me a present last night but I (not/open) ………………… yet.
I’ll open it as soon as I (get) …………………….. home this evening.


18-

1. Najib Mahfoud is famous writer. He (write) ………………’Bidaya wa nihaya’ in 1959.
He (receive) …………………the Nobel Prize in 1993.

2. If it (rain) ………………..tomorrow, we (stay) …………………at home.

3. I (not/ write) ……………..my essay yet.


19-

1. Tourist: I (visit) ………………….. Marrakech last year, but I (not/see) ………………. Agadir yet.
Rachid: You should go to Fes, too. It’s really a beautiful town.

2. The new mosque (build) ………………………….in 1996 by a charity organisation.

20-

1. Ali (catch) ……………….a bad cold yesterday while he (wait) …………………
for the train in the rain.

2. I’II start doing my homework as soon as my mother (come) ……………………..back from the supermarket.

3. Tom: Would you like a cake, James?
James: No, Thank you. I (already/have)…………… …………….my breakfast.


21-

1. When Hamid (call) ………………. last night, I was watching a football match on television. I (wait) ……………………………… impatiently for his call.

2. By this time next year, you (finish) …………………………....... your high school.


22-

1. If the match starts now, it (end) ………………………………… by six o’clock.
2. Pat (live) ………………………………..in London before he (move) ……………………..to Rome last month.


23-

1. While I (shop) ……………………….. yesterday morning, I (run)……………………….. into an old friend of mine whom I (not see)………………………………………… for years.


24-

While the Browns (have) ……………………..dinner last night, the telephone (ring)……………….. . It was their son Billy in Paris. "I am at the airport now. In half an hour I (leave) …………………… Europe", he said.



25-

While I (read) ……………………….. Tom Sawyer last night, the light (go) …………………. off. I (finish) ………………….……. it tomorrow.


26-

I (drive) …………………………..….. South to Agadir last month, when my car (break) ………………………... down. I am fed up with this old car. I (buy) ………………….……. a new one next summer.



27-

I (not/visit) ……………………. Marrakesh yet, but I (be) ………………… to Agadir already. I (go) ……………. there in 1999. Next summer I (fly) ……………………… to Laayoun.




















No comments:

Post a Comment