Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2009

REPORTED SPEECH EXERCISE : YES / NO QUESTIONS PART I

REPORTED SPEECH EXERCISE : YES / NO QUESTIONS

PART I

REPORT THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS USING AN APPROPRIATE REPORTING VERB LIKE
ASKED / WANTED TO KNOW / WONDERED

DO NOT FORGET THE PRONOUNS CONCORDANCE

EXAMPLE:

…asked me if I…
…asked him if he….
…asked her if she….
…asked us if we….
...asked them if they…


1. She asked, “Are you fine?”

2. My friend asked, “Is she happy with her life?”

3. She asked, “Are you ready to leave?”

4. My mother asked, “Is the child tired?”

5. She asked, “Are you angry?”

6. He asked, “Is this book yours or mine, Doha?”

7. He asked, “Do you like fried eggs?”

8. She asked, “Do you go to work by bus?”

9. He asked, “Do you want any help?”

10. She asked, “Do you speak English?”

11. He asked, “Does Amal work on Saturdays?”

12. She asked, “Does your uncle live in the country?”

13. He asked, “Does he always wear sunglasses?”

14. She asked, “Does he sleep in the afternoons?”

15. My father asked, “Are you listening to me?”

16. She asked, “Are you enjoying yourself?”

17. He asked, “Is Brahim coming to the party?”

18. My mother asked, “Is Jalal doing his homework?”

19. The husband asked, “Is the baby sleeping?”

20. She asked, “Are we going out tonight?”

No comments:

Post a Comment